MailSpring is an open source email client application which support Windows, MacOSX and Linux. Mailspring supports all IMAP providers, including Gmail, Office 365 and iCloud. It sports features such as an unified inbox, snoozing, reminders, templates, offline search, and support for Gmail labels. Mailspring is free for Mac, Windows, and Linux. However, if you use features like Snooze, Send Later, Send Reminders and Read Receipts often, you'll need to purchase a subscription to Mailspring Pro within the app. Mailspring Pro costs $8/mo and helps support the development of Mailspring.
About Mailspring ID
When you install Mailspring for the first time, you'll need to create a Mailspring ID. Your Mailspring ID is separate from your email account(s) and you can use any email address or password you'd like. Mailspring does not store your email passwords in the cloud. It syncs only the minimal amount of data required to power features like snooze, send later, etc., and uses a hashing mechanism to identify emails and associate it's metadata across installs.
If you create a Mailspring ID and later decide you don't want one, you can sign in to the Mailspring ID dashboard (https://id.getmailspring.com) at any time and permanently delete your account and all data associated with it.
Mailspring 1.5.0 changelog:
- Mailspring now supports localization! The app detects your system locale and all text, menus, buttons, etc. in the app appear in your language. Mailspring's core strings has been manually localized in 38 languages and the rest (mostly error messages and text describing features) have been automatically translated.
- We'd love your help improving these localizations! A new "Developer > Toggle Localizer Tools" menu option in Mailspring allows you to submit better translations right within the app. You can also edit the translation files directly and submit a pull request. See the new localizer guide here.
- If you use a RTL language, Mailspring's entire UI now appears right-justified, including the sidebar, preference panels, scrollbars, and more. If you use Mailspring in Arabic or Hebrew and notice issues in the right-to-left presentation, please file issues or submit pull requests.
Mailspring 1.5.0 fixes:
- The "contact profiles" feature of Mailspring Pro is much more robust and reliable thanks to a new profile discovery mechanism.
- The "contact profile" sidebar shows the Gravatar associated with the email address before falling back to the "empty box with initials".
- Mailspring now uses the latest version of libetpan, which improves stability and fixes several parsing bugs. It also more flexibly parses IMAP responses that include unquoted text fragments. #429
- On Linux, Mailspring now uses the pixmaps dir to show an icon in the corner of each window. #1135
- On Linux, Mailspring uses circular icons rather than square ones. #1098
- The padding of the search bar in the Darkside theme has been fixed. #1048
- Trying to open a package that does not define engines in it's package.json no longer crashes the app.
- Mailspring now uses Electron 2.0.11 which resolves #1108.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware