Malwarebytes is a high performance anti-malware application that thoroughly removes even the most advanced malware and spyware.
Malwarebytes version 3.0 brings comprehensive protection against today’s threat landscape so that you can finally replace your traditional antivirus.
Malwarebytes 3.0 has been built from the ground up and now offers combined Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit, Anti-Ransomware, Website Protection, and Remediation technologies all into a single product (Malwarebytes). And it scans your computer 3-4 times faster!
You can finally replace your traditional antivirus, thanks to a innovative and layered approach to prevent malware infections using a healthy combination of proactive and signature-less technologies. While signatures are still effective against threats like potentially unwanted programs, the majority of malware detection events already come from signature-less technologies like Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware; that trend will only continue to grow. For many of you, this is something you already know, since over 50% of the users already run Malwarebytes as their sole security software, without any third-party antivirus.
With the combination of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomware technologies, Malwarebytes 3.0 will be available for $39.99 per computer per year, 20% less than previous products combined and 33% less than an average traditional antivirus. As always, malware remediation will remain absolutely free.
Version 18.104.22.1685 changelog:
Performance / Protective Capability
- Added signature-less anti-exploit and anti-ransomware protection (Premium only)
- Up to 4x faster scan speeds, including even quicker Hyper Scans
- Removed non-essential reboots after certain malware removal events
- Advanced Heuristic Engine (Shuriken) now enabled by default
- Self-Protection now enabled by default (Premium only)
- Redesigned user interface for improved usability
- Now configurable to integrate with Windows Action Center / Windows Security Center (Premium only)
- Update checks are done automatically so they do not need to be scheduled
- Improved support for keyboard navigation and screen readers
Stability / Issues Fixed
- Added ability to lock down My Account screen via User Access Policy
- Added ability to collect enhanced logs when directed to do so by Support
- Fixed issue where Scheduler did not adjust for Daylight Saving Time changes
- Fixed issue where Scheduler defaulted to hourly Threat Scan instead of Daily
- Fixed issue where Chameleon reported error messages numerous times to Windows Event Viewer
- Changed 'Recover if missed by' setting in Scheduler to Off by default
- Prevented rootkit scanning in Custom Scans if full system drive is not selected
- Updated to latest version of 7-Zip DLL
- Addressed many other miscellaneous defects