The first Parhelia 512 product is targeted toward the 2D workstation, professional and PC enthusiast markets according to Matrox, and it is useful to note the order of the intended market segments and that the enthusiast market is listed as the tertiary target.
Matrox also disclosed additional details about multi-monitor configurations in which the Parhelia can operate.
- Dual independent DVI-out at 1600 x 1200 resolution each (165MHz)
- Dual independent RGB-out at 400MHz each (dual 2048 x 1536 @ 85Hz)
- Triple independent RGB-out in extended desktop mode at 3840 x 1024 32bpp
- Various mixes of DVI-, RGB- and TV-out
The full flexibility of display configurations are offered to end users by the standard bundling of three cables/adaptors:
- One "Y-shaped" DVI-I to dual HD-15 cable
- One DVI-I to HD-15 adapter
- One HD-15 to S-video and composite cable
News source: ExtremeTech