Media Player Classic - Home Cinema (MPC-HC) is a free and open-source video and audio player for Windows. MPC-HC is based on the original Guliverkli project and contains many additional features and bug fixes. MPC-HC isn’t flashy but it works with nearly any media format. MPC-HC uses DXVA technology to pass decoding operations to your modern video card, enhancing your viewing experience. And MPC-HC supports both physical and software DVDs with menus, chapter navigation, and subtitles.
This is an unofficial build. It is based on the latest source code of the official project, plus several additional fixes and improvements. And most importantly, it includes the very latest version of LAV Filters!
MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs. It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4. MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats:
WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV.
Media Player Classic - Home Cinema 1.9.11 release notes:
- LAV Filters version 0.75-2-gddef5
- MediaInfo DLL version 21.03
- Added basic support for embedded WebVTT subtitles
- Seek preview window now uses same aspect ratio as the video
- After long pause (> 10 min) or hibernation, the player now performs a seek to current position before resuming. This re-initializes the video decoder, and hopefully solves a hang/crash on certain systems (with buggy graphics driver).
- Some improvements for the youtube-dl functionality. It now also supports DASH manifest URLs.
- Fixed subtitle regression that could cause subtitles to be skipped in certain situations when multiple lines were visible
- Fixed issue with seeking to nearest keyframe
- Fixed issue where the seek preview window broke the "always on top" functionality
- A few other small fixes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware