MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including an tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML. Note: MediaInfo tries to install sponsored OpenCandy software during installation, make sure to cancel that before continuing.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag "n" drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
Whats new in this version:
- + MXF: forcing detection of MPEG Video in case EssenceCompression is not present but MPEG2VideoDescriptor is present
- + GXF: detection of some captions and time codes event if they are not present at the beginning of the file (testing middle of the file)
- + DASH MPD: basic support
- + HDS F4M (Flash Media Manifest): basic support
- + DCP AssetMap (AM), PackageList (PKL) and CompositionPlaylist (CPL): basic support
- + IMF AssetMap (AM), PackageList (PKL) and CompositionPlaylist (CPL): basic support
- + Mac dylib: looking for the dylib in @executable_path and CFBundleCopyExecutableURL dir
- + AAC: option for instantaneous bitrate in fast detect mode (MediaInfoLib only)
- + FTP (custom builds only): support of UTF-8 file names
- + Colour description: colour_description_present added, better separation between bitstream values and container values
- + MPEG-4: RLE, color space and bit depth
- + Law rating: support of CEA-608 XDS Content Advisory in MPEG-PS, MPEG-Ts, LXF, GXF
- + MPEG-4/MOV: Bug found in one file, sample size is 16 with a 32-bit CodecID ("fl32"), correcting the output of MediaInfo
- x #B775, AVI: AVI can use negative height for raw to signal that its coded top-down, not bottom-up
- x #B780, MPEG-TS: crash with some files having PAT/PMT change between begin and end of the file
- x #B782, PBCore 1.2: some fields were not in the right order
- x #B784, some humain readable strings were not removed when the corresponding field is removed
- x #B787, MPEG-4/QuickTime: Erratic appereance of Bitrate Mode
- x #B798: setlocale() remove from DLL
- x #B785, DVCPRO HD: streams can be 8 or 10 bit, removing hard coded value from DV parser (MXF header value is used instead when applicable)
- x MPEG-4: wrong demux of some E-AC-3 streams
- x AAC: detection of HE-AACv2 was missing if the library is configured with fast detection
- x MPEG Video: wrong computing of duration of raw stream in case of drop frame time code
- x Automation, StreamKind type was set to integer, it is text
- x MPEG-4: was reading lot of useless bytes from disk when the raw stream format is not known
- x AVI: crash with some malformed text streams
- x Reference/playlist files were not supported from FTP (custom builds only)
- x MPEG-4/MOV: ScanOrder was using "stored" value instead of "displayed" value
- x MXF: Detection of Dolby E was not working in some cases (regression in 0.7.62)
- x MPEG-4/MOV: freeze with some files having mono 32-bit PCM
Note: MediaInfo includes 3rd party (optional) software, you should pay close attention to avoid installing unwanted products or just download the ""lite"" version without OpenCandy.