MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including an tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML. Note: MediaInfo tries to install sponsored OpenCandy software during installation, make sure to cancel that before continuing.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
What's new in this version:
- Windows version: translation files were corrupted
- Mac App Store version: "Can not open file(s)" message when trying to open files having diacritics in file name.
- MXF: duplicate display of some time code streams in ancillary data
- B814, AAC: Wrong detection of audioObjectType==29
Note: MediaInfo includes 3rd party (optional) software, you should pay close attention to avoid installing unwanted products or just download the ''lite'' version without OpenCandy.
Update: MediaInfo 0.7.67