MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo 0.7.89 changelog:
- Tree view for Windows: present the results at the top of the tree
- QuickTime: support of Panasonic AVC-Intra 50/100/200 without SPS/PPS ("aixx" and "AVin" CodecID)
- More QuickTime/MP4/AVC/HEVC color descriptions based on future ISO 23001-8:201x/PDAM1
- FFV1: handling 16+ bitdepth (YUV and RGB) while handling buggy version
- Improved growing file detection, option for forcing the growing file test
- Matroska: support of video FieldOrder, MatrixCoefficients, BitsPerChannel, Range, TransferCharacteristics, Primaries
- Acquisition Metadata: support of more elements (IrisTNumber, IrisRingPosition, FocusRingPosition, ZoomRingPosition, ColorMatrix)
- Add stream counts to MIXML output
- I242, AVI/Matroska: mapping of mjp2 to JPEG 2000 format name
- MPEG-4 Visual: parsing of Studio profiles, providing width/height/frame rate...
- MXF: reading MPEG-4 Visual profile from MXF sub-descriptor and/or EssenceCompression
- MXF: reading Intra GOP info from descriptors
- Sequence of images: detection of sequence even if the provided path separator is the Unix one (Windows only)
- Acquisition Metadata: IrisFNumber, FocusPosition, LensZoom were not correctly reported
- LXF: fixed crash in case of some malformed files
- LXF: reject bad frames instead of displaying wrong duration and bit rate