MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo 17.12 changelog:
- MediaInfoOnline: https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline
- Dolby Vision: detection of Dolby Vision and display of profile for MPEG-TS and MP4 files
- MPEG-4: Support of external time code tracks (.qtc)
- JPEG 2000: Support of IMF profiles
- F523, BDMV: Support of UHD Blu-ray playlist
- Endianness and Sign report for PCM Matroska tracks
- MPEG-4: Resolume DXV display
- MPEG-4: support of file names >64 chars long or non ASCII for referenced files
- Slight binary size optimizations
- colour_description: some changes in order to have more readable names (DCI P3, Display P3, sRGB)
- MP4: crash with some HEVC streams with Dolby Vision
- VC-3: frame rate should not be detected as wrong when there are several frames per block
- Matroska: wrong color range info
- Matroska: fix crash with some corrupted files
- MXF: better support of height when there is an incoherence between header and footer
- transfer_characteristics: fix BT.2020 difference between values 14 and 15
- Trace: fix freeze with some files
- Trace: invalid character encoding with some MOV files
- Some memory leak fixes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware