MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo 19.04 changelog:
- USAC: DRC effect types, Sample peak level, True peak level, Program loudness
- HDR: SMPTE ST 2094 App 4 (including HDR10+) support
- HDR: move HDR10, Dolby Vision and SL-HDR meta to specific generic "HDR Format" lines
- Matroska: SMPTE ST 2086 (HDR10) support
- Matroska: FieldOrder support
- HEIF image format support
- AV1: support of AV1 in MP4, HEIF, IVF
- MOV: Add a lot more countries to AppleStoreCountry field internal list
- MXF: Fix memory leak when fully parsing big file with acquisition metadata
- HEVC: more HEVC profiles (Multiview, Scalable, Screen Content...)
- AAC: better handling of corrupted streams
- AAC: better handling of unknown channel layouts
- AVC in MP4: better support of corrupted streams
- B1101, AVI: fix crash with some invalid streams
- B1101, SMPTE ST 337: fix crash with some invalid streams
- Matroska: chapters timestamp were not display if chapters have no name
- MXF: Fix false positive truncated file detection when there is no Random Index Pack
- AAC: channel layout typos (Rls instead of Lrs, Lr instead of Rb)
- ProRes: correctly show color space if alpha plane is present
- MPEG Audio: some VBR files use "Info" Xing header, so we ignore the difference between "Info" and "Xing"
- I943, MPEG-4: wrong display aspect ratio in some corner cases (32-bit release only)
- I1096, OGG: assign METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE tag to cover
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware