MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo 19.07 changelog:
- Mac App Store version: File comparison (InApp purchase)
- Dolby E: readout of Dolby E program description
- MXF: Detection of Dolby Vision
- MP4: support of Spatial Audio Metadata
- DV: color space is explicit
- DV: audio format settings
- Matroska: PCM bit rate
- MOV, MXF: Time code frame rate
- DV: DVCAM commercial name for locked audio and PAL 4:2:0
- MXF: Time code track name
- USAC: frame rate was missing in case of non standard sampling rate
- USAC: fix infinite loop with some LATM streams
- WAV: MP3 delay should be added to BWF time reference
- TTML: fix wrong output with standalone files
- N19/STL: fix crash with some uncommon framerates
- VC-3: fix sub sampling with some v2 files
- DV: Time code frame number was wrong (divided by 2) for 50/60 fps content
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware