MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo 20.09 changelog:
- Dolby ED2: full featured support (presentations, presentation targets, beds, objects)
- MKV: support of Dolby Vision metadata
- MXF: detection of Dolby E hidden in PCM tracks having more than 2 channels
- WAV: detection of Dolby E hidden in PCM tracks having more than 2 channels
- CineForm: display of color space (including Bayer), bit depth
- WAV: more precise sample count
- SMPTE ST 337: catch of streams starting later than usual (probing increased from 4 to 16 PCM "frames")
- PNG: detection of additional alpha plane in color space
- MXF: detection of additional alpha plane in color space
- AVI: detection of additional alpha plane in color space
- MPEG Audio: was wrongly flagging Xing info tag as CBR
- VorbisTag: does not skip DISCID
- Miscellaneous bug/crash fixes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware