Paul Thurott, over at the SuperSite for Windows, has made a blog post about Microsoft's MSN mobile homepage. Referencing the official MSN Blog, he detailed the changes that Microsoft has implemented in the redesign of their mobile site.
According to Microsoft, the new site, which can be found at mobile.msn.com, involves "some big changes." From the new homepage you can now access media in a way that was never possible with the old site. Here are some of the new things you will notice:
- New tabbed content with sections for news, sports, and entertainment
- One-click access to Bing, Windows Live Hotmail, and Messenger
- A new breaking news module that will show time-sensitive news
- Bing auto-suggest drop down list
- Ability to personalize stock quotes, weather, dating content, and more
- Inline video content
Below is a side-by-side comparison of the new and old homepage, as well as some examples of how it looks on the iPhone. You can clearly see the difference. Microsoft's new MSN mobile layout aims to take away the look and feel of being restricted to mobile content, and in the process, present a more elegant and easy to use format, more consistent with Web 2.0 standards.
On the iPhone: