Microsoft has been committed to bringing its experiences to other platforms and keeping them updated. Just this week, we heard of a new incoming beta update for Microsoft Edge on Android, and the company rolled out a refreshed News app for both Android and iOS.
Today, it's starting the testing phase of version 4.11 of its Launcher for Android. The update, which carries build number 126.96.36.199005, focuses on a series of enhancements to existing aspects of the launcher rather than adding all-new features such as the Timeline integration we've been expecting.
The improvements in today's update include multi-turn SMS and calling support with Cortana, improvements to the family safety features added in version 4.10, and an improved reading experience with the company's Edge browser. Here's the full changelog from the Play Store:
- Family: parents can show/hide kids in the Family card;
- Improvements to reading news articles with Microsoft Edge browser;
- Toggle to hide page indicator on home screen;
- Cortana: support multi-turn SMS + calling;
- UI improvements: welcome page, settings page, widgets & context menu;
- Support for removing screens in overview mode via drag & drop
Despite the absence of any major new features, this is a pretty solid update which should make the overall experience a tad nicer. It's also possible that the company plans to add more features in future beta builds before rolling out version 4.11 to the general public. If you haven't yet, you can download Microsoft Launcher from the Play Store here, where you can also sign up for the beta program.