Microsoft has now begun the rollout of its latest update for SharePoint on mobile, introducing a major redesign based on user feedback. The tech giant has dubbed this its "most significant" update yet to SharePoint mobile apps.
Among all changes, the most notable one seems to be the addition of a new Find tab. With Links, People, Sites, and Search merged into a single tab, a much more efficient search experience is now provided. Additional features for the new Find tab that incorporate the use of AI will be offered as well. For instance, search results will now improve automatically as you type, and quick access will be provided to recent sites and people that you have been collaborating with, even before you begin typing.
Aside from the revamped Find tab, these are the changes being introduced with this update:
- Browse your sites, files, people and more to get back to what you were working on
- Access your personalized view of team sites, communication sites, and news posts
- Tap on a person to get to their contact card and see who they work with and what they are working on
- Create news posts on the go and share your updates, reports, status, and experiences with your team
- Receive notifications when people around you publish news articles and engage on ones you’ve published.
Microsoft has clarified, however, that the rollout has just been initiated, and it could potentially take a few weeks before you start observing all the aforementioned features. Interestingly, the Redmond giant also quite recently announced upcoming AI capabilities for SharePoint. In any case, if you're interested, you can check whether you've received this update on Android from here, and on iOS from here.