The top 10 influential tech executives has been revealed by Juniper Research, with the top spot taken by Microsoft's CEO Satya Nadella.
It has been just over an year since Satya Nadella became only the third CEO in Microsoft's long history, but he has already jumped to the top of the 2015 influential tech executives rankings released by Juniper Research.
According to the research firm, Satya's vision for Microsoft which represents a fundamental change from the company's traditional ways and Windows-as-a-Service were the key points that got him the edge over other industry leaders.
Jony Ive has managed to secure the second spot on the list for his design of the Apple Watch and the development of strict guidelines for its app design and functionality. Juniper believes that going forward, Apple Watch design will be the benchmark for all wearables.
The complete tech executive rankings for 2015 are as follows:
- Satya Nadella – Microsoft CEO
- Jony Ive – Apple SVP Design
- Min-Liang Tan – Razer Co-Founder & CEO
- Travis Kalanick – Uber CEO
- Reed Hastings – Netflix Co-Founder & CEO
- Jack Ma – Alibaba Founder & Chairman
- Paul Eremenko – Google ATAP Director
- Jeff Bezos – Amazon Founder & CEO
- Elon Musk – Tesla Chairman & CEO
- Lei Jun – Xiaomi CEO
There are some interesting inclusions in the list such as the heads of Chinese companies Alibaba and Xiaomi, signaling increased influence of the East on tech, but the remaining list is still dominated by American companies.