Microsoft has reduced the price of its entry-level Surface Book, in the latest limited-time promotion on its high-end Windows 10 device.
The company is offering $150 off the most affordable model in the range, reducing its price from $1,499 to $1,349 until August 27. Its key specs include:
- 13.5-inch PixelSense display with 3000x2000px resolution
- 6th-generation ('Skylake') Intel Core i5 processor with Intel HD graphics
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB SSD (plus full-size SD card reader)
- 8MP rear camera with autofocus and 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Dual microphones (front and rear facing)
- Front-facing stereo speakers with Dolby audio
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports
- Mini DisplayPort
- Windows 10 Pro
Microsoft calls the Surface Book 'the ultimate laptop', thanks to its detachable display, and inking support with the Surface Pen, which comes with the device. The company has greatly expanded the capabilities of the Pen with its new Windows 10 Anniversary Update, which began rolling out this week.
Buyers can save a further $100 when purchasing a Surface Dock, which is usually priced at $199. The Dock is available for $99 for those buying either a Surface Book or Pro 4 until September 3.
Microsoft is also offering a free 3-month Hulu subscription with the device, as well as other 'select Surface or PC' purchases in the US.
Source: Microsoft Store