In early March, Microsoft cut $200 (25%) off the US price of HP's Elite x3 and Desk Dock bundle in what it described as a 'limited time offer'. Usually priced at $799, the discount reduced the cost of the Windows 10 Mobile flagship to $599, including the desktop dock that supports the operating system's PC-like Continuum mode.
That offer was due to expire on March 31, three weeks after it began, but the Microsoft Store has since extended that deal for another month. It's now scheduled to end on April 30... unless the company extends it again.
Microsoft has been known to quietly extend such 'limited time offers' for weeks or months at a time, or even to let them end, only to reintroduce them a few days later. Perhaps the best example of this was its Band 2 wearable device, which the company sold with a 30% discount for a total of 107 days during a 135-day period last year.
The Elite x3's key specs include:
- 5.96-inch AMOLED with Quad HD (2560x1440px) resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 4, and anti-reflective coating
- Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB onboard storage (plus microSD card support)
- 16MP rear camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.0
- NFC support
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Optional dual-SIM support
- USB 3.0 port with Type-C connector
- Iris scanner
- Fingerprint scanner
- IP67 rating for dust- and water-resistance
- MIL-STD-810G rating, assuring device protection for drops from up to 1 meter
- Pogo pins
- Qi wireless charging
- 4,150mAh battery
- 161.8 x 83.5 x 7.8mm; 194g
Check out our detailed review of the Elite x3 if you're thinking of buying one.
Source: Microsoft Store