Last week, as part of its Holiday Super Sale, Microsoft kicked off some massive savings on select models in its Surface Book range. Along with the other promotions in that sale, Microsoft said that those savings would end on December 24 - but it's now extended the discounts until the end of the year.
The deal applies only to these specific Surface Book models:
- Intel Core i5 / 8GB RAM / 128GB SSD | usually $1,499 | now $1,299 (save $200)
- Intel Core i5 / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD / dGPU | usually $1,899 | now $1,649 (save $250)
- Intel Core i7 / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD / dGPU | usually $2,099 | now $1,699 (save $400)*
- Intel Core i7 / 16GB RAM / 512GB SSD / dGPU | usually $2,699 | now $2,299 (save $400)
- Intel Core i7 / 16GB RAM / 1TB SSD / dGPU | usually $3,199 | now $2,799 (save $400)*
However, it's worth noting that two of the models - those marked with asterisks (*) in the list above - are now marked as 'out of stock' on the Microsoft Store site. Ordinarily, when stock of a product is temporarily depleted, Microsoft changes the 'add to cart' button on its store listing to one that says 'email me when available'.
Both of the models now out of stock have Intel Core i7 processors, which raises the interesting possibility that Microsoft may be planning to fully replace those older models with the newer, more powerful, and more power-efficient Performance Base versions that it introduced in October, and which will soon be available in several markets around the world.
Of course, it's also possible that the holiday season has simply impeded its ability to quickly replenish its stocks - but as we've regularly seen on the Microsoft Store in various markets, when a page says 'out of stock', it can mean that the product has reached the end of the road.
Source: Microsoft Store