Microsoft has released a major update for its Bing Search app on Android devices, bringing "a whole new look" to the app. The new version ditches the bright teal design that was originally introduced on iOS in 2015, and which made its way to Android devices in February 2016.
The new design has a revised color palette, and promises to be easier to use than the previous version of the app. It includes improved location-aware features, to make it simpler to find local companies and services, as well as enhanced shopping search features.
Here's the full list of new features and improvements:
- The Bing Search app has a whole new look! Search better with a simplified experience and refreshed color.
- Get rich and clear results with improved restaurant reviews, songs, and more.
- Bing now gives you quick access to images, videos, and news search results.
- Search animated gifs, discover trending ones, and save your favorites!
- Customize font style, size, and background for an optimal reading view experience.
We’ve also [got] bug fixes, speed improvements, polish and so much more!
The new version of Bing Search for Android is available to download free from the Google Play Store.