Rise of Nations: Extended Edition arrived on the Steam store back in 2014, bringing a remastered version of 2003's critically acclaimed real-time strategy title, Rise of Nations. Today, Microsoft announced that the game is now on its way to another platform, this being the Windows Store.
However, unlike previous games that have arrived for both the Windows Store and Steam, Rise of Nations: Extended Edition will allow players from both platforms to play together in multiplayer. While games with Xbox Play Anywhere functionality have allowed cross-play between Windows 10 and Xbox One users, adding Steam users into the mix is a first for the company.
Microsoft has also provided a list of gameplay features that the game offers, seen below:
- Lead one of 24 nations, each with its own distinctive attributes and special units.
- Learn to play with six tutorials for beginning to experienced strategy gamers.
- Take command over a hundred military units operating on the ground, sea, and air— from Hoplites to Frigates to Helicopters.
- Research more than 50 technologies over eight historical epochs.
- Build wonders of the world, including the Terra Cotta Army, the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower. Each wonder gives your nation special bonuses.
- Play a variety of the critically acclaimed Single-Player Conquer the World campaigns including, Alexander the Great, The New World, Napoleon and The Cold War.
- Experience more than a dozen map types in single and multiplayer scenarios, ranging from the Amazon Rainforest to the Himalayas to the Nile Delta.
- Xbox Live Integration
- Multiplayer with ranked matches (ELO)
- Cloud saves
Rise of Nations: Extended Edition will be available on the Windows Store on September 14. To celebrate this release, Microsoft will be offering the game for $4.99 for a limited time on its store, while the regular price will be $19.99, just as the Steam version.
Source: Xbox Wire
Don't forget to follow us @NeowinGaming on Twitter to keep up to date with our gaming coverage!