Earlier this month, Microsoft cut $150 off its Lumia 950, and $200 off the Lumia 950 XL, referring to those discounts as limited-time offers. This week, though, it made those price cuts permanent. Now, it's offering chunky savings on one of its more affordable Windows 10 Mobile devices, but only until the weekend.
The Lumia 650 went on sale in the US in April, priced at $199 unlocked. It's now available from the Microsoft Store with 25% off its usual price, reducing it by $50 to $149, until August 21.
That makes its price just $10 higher than the greatly inferior Lumia 550, which still costs $139, and which earned itself one of the lowest scores we've ever awarded to a device in our review. If you were considering a Lumia 550, it would make a lot more sense to buy the far better Lumia 650 at its current price - it scored an impressive 8.5 out of 10 when we reviewed it in March.
The Lumia 650's key specs include:
- 5-inch AMOLED with HD (1280x720px) resolution and Gorilla Glass 3
- Quad-core 1.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage (plus microSD card support up to 200GB)
- 8MP rear camera with autofocus, LED flash and 720p video recording at 30fps
- 5MP front-facing camera with continuous autofocus, 'video light' and 720p video at 30fps
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with support for Wi-Fi calling
- 4G LTE connectivity (bands 1, 3, 7, 8 and 20)
- NFC support
- microUSB 2.0 with Type B connector
- Removable 2000mAh battery
- 142 x 71 x 6.9mm; 122g
You can save even more on the Lumia 650 if you purchase it on Cricket Wireless. After launching it in May for $129.99 with no annual contract, the carrier quickly cut its price to $109.99, before reducing to as little as $69.99. Cricket is now offering it for just $49.99.
Source: Microsoft Store