Over seven weeks ago, the Microsoft Store cut £10 off the SIM-free price of its Lumia 550, reducing it to £89.99 in a special offer that's still available today. But you can now get the entry-level Windows 10 Mobile handset for a whole lot less if you shop elsewhere.
Carphone Warehouse is now offering the Lumia 550 for £39.99 when purchased with a new £10 pay-as-you-go (PAYG) SIM card from EE or Vodafone. That total price of £49.99 will get you the handset in black or white, along with 500MB of 4G data, 150 minutes and unlimited texts for one month.
The device is also available for just £29.99 for those eligible to upgrade on PAYG plans.
Almost all of the phones that Carphone Warehouse sells are unlocked, which means that you can buy the Lumia 550 at these lower prices, and use it with SIM cards from other networks, rather than having to pay the full SIM-free price for an unlocked handset.
The Lumia 550's key specs include:
- 4.7-inch LCD with HD (1280x720px) resolution
- Quad-core 1.1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB onboard storage (plus microSD card support up to 200GB)
- 5MP rear camera with auto-focus and LED flash (720p video recording at 30fps)
- 2MP front-facing camera (VGA video)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.1
- USB 2.0 with Type-B connector
- 4G LTE connectivity
- 2100mAh battery
- 136.1 x 67.8 x 9.9mm; 142g
However, make sure you read our review of the Lumia 550 before you buy, even at these ultra-affordable prices - it earned itself one of the lowest scores we've ever awarded to a device.
Source: Carphone Warehouse