Microsoft has released its second Service Pack for Office 2007 today.
Service Pack 2 includes some significant changes, including built-in ability to save as ODF & PDF formats, improvements to Outlooks performance and calendar reliability and significant bug fixes for charts in core Office applications. It is also a rollup of all fixes that have previously been released for Office 2007 products.
The company has published a support article detailing the various fixes and improvements contained in the SP2 update. According to the document there are improvements in the following areas, to name but a few:
- Outlook responsiveness
- More reliable Outlook calendar updates
- Search reliability
- RSS improvements in Outlook
- Better .pdf/.xps output fidelity
- Improves the charting mechanism in Excel 2007
- Provides faster file resaves in PowerPoint 2007
The download is available here.