Microsoft has announced the release of Redstone 5 Insider build 17737 for HoloLens, which brings with it a host of bug fixes and improvements. The first Redstone 5 build for the augmented reality headset was rolled out late last month along with a bevy of new features including a projection to Miracast-enabled devices and new notifications, among others.
Here's what has been fixed with the latest build:
- We fixed an issue where the cursor will jump between gaze and mouse when using a Bluetooth mouse.
- We fixed an issue with some notification toasts appearing as a gray box.
- We fixed an issue where Cortana may stop listening if you wait for her to respond after saying, “Hey Cortana.”
- We fixed several other issues with voice commands and dictation, including an issue that prevented Cortana from working after an update.
- We fixed an issue that prevented holograms from re-appearing after sign-out and sign-in.
- We added OCR support for Chinese and Japanese characters in the localized builds. For more information on using these builds, see the link above.
- We fixed a crash in the camera when taking a photo while the thumbnail previous of the last capture is visible.
Additionally, there are a few known issues included in the new build such as a bug that prevents the share dialog from loading available apps to share to for quite sometime after the first boot. Some users may also be unable to receive incoming calls in Remote Assist after downloading the latest build.