Last week, Microsoft released a new Office Insider Preview for Mac to the Slow ring, and today, those in the Fast ring have new previews to install. The new build is version 15.38 (170815), and is available for some of its Office 2016 for Mac apps.
First up, let's take a look at what's changed in the new Outlook preview:
New or improved features:
- Improved app stability
- Enabled Join/Leave Groups from Groups Contact Card
- Improved keyboard and VoiceOver navigation on Calendar module
- Room finder list now displays rooms in alphabetical order
- Supported ICS file in UTF-8 BOM (Byte Order Mark)
- Fixed a mailbox sync issue when you add a Shared Mailbox that has a higher Exchange versions than the primary mailbox
- Fixed Exchange account authentication issue due to timezone, particularly On-Premise Exchange Mailboxes. Now exchange account can be added with the valid credential
- Fixed a issue where dismissed reminders keep coming back (on other Outlook endpoints)
For OneNote, Microsoft says that there "no new features at this time" in the new build, but it has listed some fixes in its release notes:
- Fixed an issue with keyboard input on the OneNote page.
- Fixed bug where pasting images onto the OneNote page pastes raw data instead.
- Fixed bug where right-clicking the page list or pasting via the context menu would hang the application.
- Fixed bug where colors of lines were inverted on pages created with ruled lines.
Microsoft now offers separate release notes for each of its Office Insider apps, but while the PowerPoint 2016 for Mac page shows a new update today, it states that there "no fixes, known issues or new features this week". The Excel and Word pages don't mention the latest update at all.