Having added email templates to its Outlook for Mac app last month, Microsoft has announced the release of a new Insider Preview for the app, which is now available to those in the Fast ring.
The new update, version 15.35 (170503), includes a range of bug fixes to help improve the overall user experience:
- Shared and delegated accounts are now properly removed when access is revoked, preventing repeated server calls
- In calendar view, you can now reduce the window height beyond the height of the mini-calendar in the sidebar
- Delegates can now send email on behalf of principals when having access to the principals’ inbox but not sent items
The latest Fast ring build also includes some revisions to address issues in its last preview, version 15.34 (170426), which was released last week:
- Office add-ins are now back in the Ribbon in the main and compose email views
- Outlook no longer crashes when clicking on a contact in the @mentions people picker
Microsoft added that some users "may be prompted for a brief in-product survey" after installing the new version - and given that this is a software preview, that seems pretty reasonable.