This year's E3 presentations are still raging on, but that hasn't stopped Microsoft from rolling out a new build to Xbox Insiders in the Alpha ring. The new build for version 1806 doesn't bring much in the way of new features, but leaderboards will now be functional whenever the controller sharing feature is used in Mixer.
As many of the features in version 1806 have already been in previous builds, the biggest news in this one are in the form of bug fixes, and there's a lot of them in today's release, covering many aspects of the software:
- Fixed an issue sorting Clubs when viewing a list of Clubs.
- Fixed an issue where content on the dashboard tabs (Store, Mixer, Ads etc.) was not loading correctly.
- Fixed an issue where users Gamertag and Gamerscore were not aligned correctly on the dashboard.
- Fixed an issue in which saved data syncs were failing for some users for various games and apps..
- Fixed an issue where some users were unable to delete pins from Groups.
- Fixed an issue where items being added to groups are not appearing everywhere on the dashboard correctly.
- Fixed the issue with the Rewards app that resulted in no access to Groups
- Various localization fixes across the console.
- Users should no longer encounter issues attempting to view, send, or receive messages.
My Games & Apps
- Fixed an issue where the Updates section would not load for some users.
- Fixed an issue where using a USB camera would result in a green screen while broadcasting.
- Narrator text updated when a game is installing.
- Improvements to the stability to Wi-Fi after coming out of Instant on.
- Misc. performance fixes in the platform.
Despite the long list of fixes, there are still many known issues in the latest release:
- Some users may notice that the online status of Friends is not updating correctly.
- Enabling Groups after taking the update: Groups may not appear for you on first sign in unless you do a full console reboot after taking the system update. This is being fixed in an upcoming build and should only affect having just taken this system update.
- The Groups tab in My games & apps may not show after sign in even though you can access Groups in Guide, or you may see “This group does not exist” on Home on first sign-in for your existing Groups. Workaround: Sign in / out to refresh these pages.
- Some changes might not be reflected when editing Groups between multiple consoles after coming out of connected standby. Sign in/out to fix.
- Using special characters in Group names (e.g. &,”) causes issues during Group creation or using the “Add more” flow. Note: emojis are fine. This is being fixed in an upcoming build.
- You may see issues with Groups if you frequently switch between your non-Preview console and your Preview console. Workaround: Reset your Groups locally on the Preview console through “My games & apps” > Groups, then using the “Reset groups” button at the bottom of the page to resync from the service.
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Netflix Atmos Audio/Video Sync issues:
Netflix is aware that following Atmos titles occur a 5 second audio lip-sync delay.
- Guardians of the Galaxy II
- Altered Carbon
- Work continues on the stability of the Wi-Fi connectivity. If you see any issues please report the problem for investigation by performing a Full system software via the dashboard as opposed to just pressing the Xbox Power button.
- Some users are encountering an issue where their YouTube account is being signed out whenever they launch the app. Workaround: Uninstall/re-install the app and sign in with your account again.
It's not the most exciting build to hit the Xbox One, but if you're part of the Preview Alpha ring in the Xbox Insider Program, you should get it starting at 2pm Pacific Time today.