After Microsoft rolled out the Xbox One version 1810 preview to the Alpha ring last month, the software giant has now announced the release of the latest Xbox One system update (1810.180823-1920) to the Xbox One Preview Alpha – Skip Ahead and Preview Alpha rings. The fresh update introduces new features being developed for 1810 as well as fixes and known issues.
With the new update, Microsoft has streamlined the “My Games & apps” section on the Xbox dashboard so that it's now easier to see what games and apps have been installed or are ready to install on the console. As part of that change, the “Ready to Install” tab from My Games & Apps has been replaced with the new “Installed” and “Ready to Install” toggle. The new toggle option can be used when you view either games or apps.
Additionally, all filter options are now located under a single button in order to immediately see games and apps by size, last update, and more. In addition to the new changes to the My Games & Apps section, the latest Xbox One preview build also brings with it a long list of fixes as follows:
- Miscellaneous performance fixes to the new Avatar subsystem.
- Fixes to Support Multiple Feed Channels in Clubs.
- Fixes to the Home Dashboard in which some users would experience an unresponsive Dashboard randomly.
- We have fixed the issue in which the Mixer chat window was not visible.
My Games & Apps
- Ubisoft App – Fixes to resolve the crash when a user launches the Ubisoft app.
- Fixed an issue in which some Games and Apps did not always show post-install when installed.
- Fixed installation text when a user is installing a Game that leverages the FastStart feature.
- Fixes to the Narrator feature to correctly read the dashboard correctly.
Additionally, these are the known issues:
- We are aware that some users are experiencing issues where mics do not work. Please ensure that your controller is running the latest Firmware (Settings – Kinect & Devices – Devices & Accessories) and be sure to file feedback using the “Report a problem” tool when you experience this issue.
- We are aware that, in some instances, Avatar limbs (feet & hands) are pointing in unexpected directions and facial hair is appearing where it should not. Please file feedback should you experience this.
- It can take up to 10 seconds to view an Avatar on the profile screen after creating a new Avatar.
My Games & Apps
- Ready To Install – When looking at the Membership sections (Gold, Game Pass, EA Access), I’m not seeing any games listed under the new “Installed” tab.
- Workaround: Look for Ready to Install titles under the Games tab in My Games & Apps.
- Memberships – When viewing the Memberships section some users may see all available Ready to Install titles and not just those that are included with their membership.
- EA Access App – We are aware that the EA Access app will crash when navigating in the app and become unresponsive.
- Shudder App – We are aware that the Shudder app may become unresponsive.
- Microsoft Edge crashes for some users at random times.
- The cursor may disappear when exiting and re-entering the app.
- Workaround: Press Y when re-entering the app to make the cursor re-appear
- Sometimes users may encounter stuttering when launching straight into Oneguide after the console is turned on from Instant on. Please file feedback when you see this.
- Here is a workaround to resolve temporarily:
- If you have a Kinect sensor connected to the console, try disabling it by going to Settings>Kinect & devices>Kinect and toggling the Kinect sensor off. Then re-launch OneGuide.
- We are tracking an issue in which the console is fully powering off when it is placed into Instant On mode.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- We are aware that some characters appear incorrectly when using the Virtual Keyboard in conjunction with a chatpad. Workaround: Disconnect the chatpad.
It's worth noting that this new preview build comes a few days after Microsoft released the Xbox One system update (1810.180819-1920) to the Preview Beta ring.