Microsoft released PowerToys v0.16 last week with a few new features such as the new Image Resizer utility that lets users resize multiple images together, an Alt-Tab shortcut alternative called Window Walker, and a few Preview pane extensions. It also came with around 100 fixes, according to the release notes. However, it looks like more fixes are in store, as the Redmond giant has released a patch for the tool, bringing it to version 0.16.1.
The update is a minor one that fixes a few bugs with the features that debuted with v0.16. They include fixes to the focus bug in the Window Walker utility and a few other fixes to localization and bugs in FancyZones. This update also enables new features to be turned on by default for upgrades. New utilities for existing users were disabled by default.
Here is the complete changelog for the patch:
- New utilities are turn on by default for upgrades - (#1878)
- Correct localization bug - (#1795)
- RDP bug in FancyZones - (#1821)
- Focus bug in Window Walker - (#1800)
- Added telem to actually know if Window Walker was enabled (#1925)
- Make user aware of dual MSIX and MSI install issue, partial solution (#1920)
- fixed FancyZone crash with Unity (#1873)
Those that want to download the latest version of the tool can head to the PowerToys release page on GitHub. Those interested in looking at the issues and the commits for the fixes can head here. It is interesting to see the company release timely fixes for the tool that constantly improves usability.