Earlier this week, Microsoft released a cumulative update for Windows 10 Mobile build 14342, bringing the version number to build 14342.1004. Since then, users have reported that upon visiting their Insider Program settings, they are unable to change their ring and find that it says "Disabled".
Jason, a Program Manager on the Windows Insider Engineering team, responded to the issue in the Answers forum. Here are the notes that he provided:
- We will not release any flights until this is corrected.
- A fix is expected within the next few days, so no new builds over the weekend. This isn't surprising, right? I can count on zero fingers how many Saturday or Sunday builds we've released to Insiders. And... we have Monday off as well. :)
- No action should be required on your part.
- We will make the necessary changes and when complete, affected users should be back on their original ring (WIP Fast)
- This only affects users on Mobile build 14342.1004 (which was released only to WIP Fast)
It would appear that this is a server-side issue, meaning that it's something that they have to fix on their end, and it won't require a software update from you. They're expecting to fix the issue within a few days and even if it takes longer, there will be no new Insider builds for Windows 10 Mobile until this is taken care of.
Build 14342.1004 contained a few bug fixes, most notably for a battery issue with the Lumia Icon, 930, and 1520. Microsoft released build 14352 for PCs yesterday, but there was no corresponding Mobile build.
Jason promised that Microsoft will post an update when this is fixed, and we'll keep you posted when that happens.
Source: Answers forum