When the Xbox One version 1805 was first announced in mid-April, the update only introduced a number of fixes and known issues, with a promise of "great new features" that Microsoft said would be added to future 1805 builds. The Redmond-based software giant has now started rolling out a new Xbox Insider 1805 preview update for the Xbox Insiders on the Alpha Ring.
The latest Xbox One system update is 1805.180506-1920 and it adds a plethora of new features including the ability to organize content from your games and apps into multiple collections as well as customize names of Groups and add them to the home screen. You will also be able to gain a quick access to Groups as these are now shown across the My games & apps, Home, and Guide sections. Additionally, Groups will now sync across multiple Xbox One consoles as these are now linked to your account. Keep in mind that this feature will be available to all Alpha users over the next few days.
Xbox One is also adding improvements to the family settings with this new build in an effort to help parents easily handle all the family and content settings on the gaming console and identify the different configurations and setups. In addition, the new update will flag important settings that have been disabled or may require attention.
More privacy options also accompany the new update such as a change to the Login flow on Xbox One for the first-time login session. The new build also lets you choose whether to send crash dump data for games and apps to Microsoft. Perhaps, one of the most important updates to the console is the ability to close your Microsoft account.
In addition to the new features, the new Preview Alpha 1805 system update also brings with it a host of fixes and known issues. Here's what's been fixed:
- We have fixed localization issues with the two new privacy login screens that users will encounter.
- Misc. performance fixes in the platform.
These are the known issues:
- Some users may experience intermittent loss of Audio with certain configurations of AV receivers with ATMOS or with changing audio configurations during console use.
- We are investigating reports of loss of audio in some games when resuming from Instant-On. Please file feedback when this occurs.
- We are aware that some users with Denon or Marantz receivers and the LG SJ9 soundbar are experiencing Audio issues.
- If you add an inbox app to a Group, the next system update will cause you to lose its image. Remove from Group and re-add to bring back its image.
- If you have more than 25 items in your Pins when you have Groups first enabled, not all items will appear. This will be fixed in an upcoming build.
- If you try to add more than 40 items at one time to a Group, this operation may fail.
- You cannot Remove the “Pins” Group. This is currently by design because Pins and Groups coexist for users.
- If you uninstall a game/app after previously adding it to a Group, it will lose its image. Workaround is to remove from Group and add it back.
- NOTE : If someone is in a bad state for Groups, they can always go into My games & apps > Groups and press the “Reset groups” button at the bottom of the page to bring them back to the Day 0 experience with Pins as their first Group. It will remove all other Groups they created.
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- An issue has been discovered with some titles (Halo MCC, Halo 5, EA Sports titles as an example) that matchmaking is failing. We are tracking a fix on this issue.
- Work continues on the stability of the Wi-Fi connectivity. If you see any issues please report the problems for investigation.
- Some users are encountering an issue where their YouTube account is being signed out whenever they launch the app.
- Workaround: Uninstall/re-install the app and sign in with your account again.
As well as the Preview Alpha ring members, Preview Beta Insiders can also expect to get their hands on these new features in the near future after Microsoft began releasing 1805 builds to that ring recently, starting with the Xbox One preview build 1805.180430-1920.
Source: Xbox Wire