Microsoft's entry-level Windows 10 Mobile handset, the Lumia 550, went on sale in the US in January, priced at $139 SIM-free and unlocked. Earlier this month, the company slashed 29% ($40) off that price, reducing it to $99 in a deal that ended on June 11.
The Lumia 550's key specs include:
- 4.7-inch LCD with HD (1280x720px) resolution
- Quad-core 1.1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB onboard storage (plus microSD card support up to 200GB)
- 5MP rear camera with auto-focus and LED flash (720p video recording at 30fps)
- 2MP front-facing camera (VGA video)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.1
- USB 2.0 with Type-B connector
- 4G LTE connectivity
- 2100mAh battery
- 136.1 x 67.8 x 9.9mm; 142g
However, if you're thinking of taking advantage of the offer, you'll have to be quick. Microsoft says that it's "valid only on June 20, 2016, while supplies last".
But be sure to read our review of the Lumia 550 before doing so. The 550 earned itself one of the lowest scores we've ever awarded to a device; if you've got your heart set on a Windows 10 Mobile handset, and you can stretch your budget further, you might want to consider the far superior Lumia 650 instead.
Source: Microsoft Store