The holiday season is upon us once again, and as millions of Americans look forward to enjoying Thanksgiving with family and friends, many will have one eye on the clock, wondering how quickly they can slip away to start bagging some sweet deals on new devices and gadgets.
A few days ago, Microsoft revealed some of the deals lined up by itself and its partners for the Black Friday weekend, and it's since provided a further run-down of the key promotions that will be available on its own devices:
- Surface 3 + Type Cover: save $150 when you buy them together
- Surface Pro 3: save $200 on the Intel Core i3 / 128GB model; save $100 on other models
- Surface Pro 4: save up to $129 when you buy a bundle that includes Type Cover, sleeve, one-year Office 365 subscription and two-year warranty
- Lumia 640: $39 with no contract (albeit locked to AT&T); however, the 640 will also be available from Best Buy from November 26 to 28 for just $29.99
- Lumia 950 XL: get a free Microsoft Display Dock (worth $99) when you buy an unlocked Lumia 950 XL for $649 (note: offer does not apply to Lumia 950)
- A range of Xbox One bundles will be available with $50 off. This also means that you'll be able to buy the Xbox One for less than $299 for the first time
- Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL Essentials Bundle: save up to $50 - includes Microsoft DC-32 Portable Dual Charger, phone case and screen protector
- Microsoft Screen Sharing for Lumia Phones: save $20 off the wireless display adapter
- Coloud Bang Wired Speaker MD-1C: save $12, bringing the price down to $12.99
- Coloud Boom Headphones: save $15, now $19.99
- MD-12 Portable Wireless Speaker: save $20, now $29.99
If you're happy to shop online, you won't even have to wait until Friday for these Black Friday deals, as the company's sale begins on its web store on Thanksgiving, November 26, at 12:00am EST. A small number of 'select' Microsoft Stores will also be open on November 26; and all of its brick-and-mortar retail locations will be open on Friday, November 27.