There have been all sorts of impressive deals available over the holiday season, but many of those offers will soon be coming to an end as we leave the festivities behind for another year. One such deal, on Microsoft's supersized Lumia 640 XL, will be ending this weekend.
While the AT&T-locked version of the Lumia 640 XL costs $249.99, the unlocked version of the device is usually priced at $299 at the Microsoft Store - but until January 3, you can grab it with $50 off its regular price, bringing it down to $249.
The handset's key specs include:
- 5.7-inch ClearBlack IPS LCD with HD (1280x720px) resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB onboard storage (plus microSD support up to 128GB)
- Backside illuminated 13MP rear camera with ZEISS optics, LED flash and 1080p video recording
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Ambient light sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, magnetometer and SensorCore
- Replaceable 3000mAh battery
- 157.9 x 81.5 x 9mm; 171g
While the Lumia 640 XL ships with Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 onboard, Microsoft has said that it will be among the first handsets to be upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile (when that update eventually rolls out).
Be sure to check out our detailed review of the Microsoft Lumia 640 XL before you decide whether or not to buy it.
Source: Microsoft Store