mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games. mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
mIRC 7.29 changes includes improvements, changes and fixes to a number of features, including:
- SSL certificate hashes are now stored in the servers.ini file for all certificates and a warning is displayed if a certificate has changed since the last connection.
- An issue with the /help command not displaying the correct location of a search term has been fixed.
- The /run command has been changed to improve backward compatibility with older scripts.
- The way the Escape key works has been changed so that it clears the contents of the current editbox if the "Escape key minimizes window" option is not enabled.
- A /hotlink bug that prevented hotlink popup menus from being displayed has been fixed.
- The maximized window position is now saved correctly when the "on startup minimize mIRC to tray" option is enabled.
- Urls in your own messages are now once again saved to the urls list.
- An issue with the "Hide tips when locked" option, that caused tips to flicker briefly in view, has been fixed.
- The editbox buffer feature has been improved and should now work more reliably in different contexts.
- The /vol -v command now correctly sets the master volume on newer versions of Windows.
- Other changes and bug fixes.