mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games. mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
What's new and fixed in this version:
- Fixed slow mark/copy text in windows that contain long lines.
- Fixed listbox lines in Options dialog and other windows being vertically chopped when DPI settings are set to a high value of 200% or more.
- Reverted change to alias/identifiers when called recursively that caused the script to be halted with a recursion error warning.
- Fixed listbox with checkboxes bug that caused checkboxes to be checked if you scrolled through them with the up/down keys.
- Changed channel folder dialog so that it can now be resized.
- Changed online timer dialog to display information more clearly.
- Added /timer -zN switch to reset online timer, where N = 0 resets current and total time, N = 1 resets current time, and N = 2 resets total time.
- 8.Added $onlineserver to return current server online time and $onlinetotal to return total online time.
- Fixed Shift+Tab beeping when switching to listbox in channel window.
- Fixed $fullscreen not working on a non-primary monitor.
- Updated SSL routines to allow both static and dynamic linking of OpenSLL with mIRC. mIRC now comes with OpenSSL 1.0.1h linked statically, so SSL is available without needing external DLLS. However, if mIRC finds a newer version of OpenSSL on your system, it will load that automatically.
- Added SSL option that allows you to control whether the internal or external version of OpenSSL is loaded, by adding "load=N" to the [ssl] section in mirc.ini, where N = 0 means "use internal, external if newer", N = 1 means "use external always", and N = 2 means "use internal always". The default is 0. If no external is available, or there is an error loading external, internal is used.
- Fixed SSL routines not checking if a private certificate was loaded either in the same file as the private key or as part of a separate certificate chain file.
- The find dialog in the script editor now remembers its position for the current mIRC session.
- Fixed favorites bug where if multiple networks are defined for a channel, and you click the join button, mIRC was only connecting to the first network. mIRC now connects to all of the networks defined for that channel and will open new status windows if necessary.
- Fixed lock dialog bug that caused mIRC to ask for a password if the on startup option was enabled without setting a password.
- Fixed $input() 'b' switch so that the dialog window close button is also temporarily disabled. This also applies to other dialogs that use this feature.
- Fixed isignore only accepting types, now also accepts switches.
- Fixed CAP server-time time value not being used when timestamping an event in the log file.