mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games. mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
Changes in mIRC 7.53:
- Added support for voice selection to speech options dialog.
- Added support for CPRIVMSG and CNOTICE if listed in numeric 005.
- Updated OpenSSL library to v1.0.2p and CA root certificates cacert.pem file.
- Extended/drawpic and $pic() to enable access to multi-frame icons/GIFs.
- Extended /set -g and /unset -gl switches to enable use of local/global variables.
- Changed all time-related features to use 64bit time values.
- Add/Fixed features/issues in a number of identifiers including $encode(), $decode(), $ctime(), $readini(), $cb(), $var().
- Changed udpate check/other features to avoid insecure SSL protocols in HTTP requests under Windows XP.
- Added support for numeric 005 STATUSMSG=@+ and WALLVOICES and commands /vmsg, /vnotice, and /wallvoices.
- Changed channel mode parsing to handle channel keys hidden from non-ops only on the Undernet ircd.
- Changed CAP packet-size request to use 2048 bytes if available.
- Added $eventparms identifer that returns event-specific parameters passed to an executed command in a script.
- Changed perform/joins on connect to be delayed if nickserv request is sent during logon.
- Updated PCRE regex library to v8.42 and TagLib sound library to latest fixes.
- Changed script editor editbox to allow longer lines before it starts wrapping.
- Added support for IRCv3 nested batches beyond basic batch support.
- Changed default hash table hash function to modified FNV-1A for improved distribution.
- Added support for dynamic-resizing in hash tables for better performance.
- For a more detailed list of recent changes, please see the whatsnew.txt file.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware