mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games. mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
mIRC 7.56 changelog:
- Added $urlget() identifier that downloads content from http/https addresses.
- Fixed $regml().pos bug with multibyte characters.
- Updated libraries OpenSSL to v1.1.1b, LibZip to v1.5.2, and PCRE to v8.43.
- Reverted changes to $gmt(N) and $gmt(format).
- Fixed $astime() and other time/date features applying DST incorrectly.
- Changed time/date features to use threadsafe versions of CRT time functions.
- Changed $encode()/$decode() to allow non-literal keys longer than 56 characters.
- Fixed "try next server in group" option being incorrectly applied.
- Changed time/date routines to use Windows APIs, allowing extended date range 1601 to 9999.
- Changed /msg -switches support to enable backwards compatibility with certain BNCs.
- Added /server [-key filename] to set private key file to use for an SSL connection.
- Changed nickserv logon method to increase delay before triggering perform.
- Changed status window connect icons to distinguish between valid/non-valid SSL connections.
- For a more detailed list of recent changes, please see the whatsnew.txt file.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware