Miro formerly 'Democracy Player' is an Internet video player that allows you to choose from a variety of channels, subscribe to video feeds and view them with the integrated player. It can automatically download videos from RSS-based "channels", manage them and play them. It is based on XULRunner, and is free and open source software. Miro is supported on Windows, Mac OS X, and GNU/Linux, and integrates an RSS aggregator, a BitTorrent client, and VLC media player or Xine Media Player under GNU/Linux.
New features in Public Preview 1 0.9.8
* Keyboard shortcuts on all platforms. This should allow remote controls to be configured to control Miro.
* Improved system tray functionality on Windows, including a context menu.
* Added a new 'report a bug' menu item.
* Adds Veoh.com as a search engine.
* Fixed behavior when maximizing on Windows (won't cover up the taskbar).
* Smarter importing and folder watching to avoid adding audio files.
* Removed Yahoo as a search engine, since most results did not link to enclosures.
* Fixed a memory leak.
* Fixed several unicode errors.
* Fixed miscounting of new and unwatched items in folders.
* Minor UI fixes, including name changes to sidebar items and new Miro Guide logo.
* Many other small fixes.