Although Microsoft has offered PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds in Xbox One S bundles and even as a freebie with Xbox One X purchases, the game was somewhat rough around the edges in its initial form on the console. The first update released back in December 2017 tackled a range of gameplay, animation, and performance issues while squashing several bugs in the process. Since then, a further eight updates to the title have been released on Xbox One.
Now, PUBG Corp has racked up its tenth Xbox One update, mainly to address a number of errors introduced in the preceding update. These include the following:
- Fixed issue where player revival would continue despite interruption
- Fixed repeating sounds from footsteps or when reloading Kar98k, Revolver, or Shotgun
- Fixed issue where (B) and (Y) buttons remained active in gameplay while in the map view
- Fixed issue where the parachute cable would not disappear following a landing in water
- Fixed issue where the player could not cut the parachute cable when becoming stuck during landing
- Pressing the (B) button while in the Settings menu will cause the player to exit the plane
While some may lament the elimination of the first bug in the above list, the rest of the fixes should help address challenges in gaining a good start to a new round or needlessly giving away your position. Furthermore, despite the lack of new content in the update, there's plenty to look forward to including a new, smaller map according to a recent announcement by the game's creator, Brendan Greene.
The PC version of PUBG has managed to attract more than 30 million players as of the last count in December, somewhat dwarfing the four million Xbox One players announced over six weeks ago. However, the console version of the game did manage to add its fourth million to its player base in the space of a fortnight.
For those looking to crack on with a session of PUBG, server maintenance should have been completed an hour ago and you may need to restart your Xbox One after the latest patch has been installed.