This is a starting point for planning and design information for the Firefox 3 release, including schedules, feature sets, and branch process information. Gran Paradiso is an early developer milestone for the next major version of Firefox that is being built on top of the next generation of Mozillas layout engine, Gecko 1.9. Gran Paradiso is being made available for testing purposes only, and is intended for web application developers and our testing community. Current users of Mozilla Firefox should not use Gran Paradiso.
- Notification support using Growl libraries on Mac OS X
- New Page Info security tab
- Many Cocoa user interface improvements and bug fixes
- Basic Mac OS X crash reporting via Breakpad
- Improvements to offline application support. Enabled Listing of Offline Resources and implemented SQL device for the offline cache. See Marking Resources for Offline Use for further details on offline support.
- Miscellaneous Gecko 1.9 bug fixes
Link: Home Page | Forum Discussion (Thanks drygnfyre)