Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata (ID3, Vorbis Comments and APE) of common audio formats. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more. The program supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs. Mp3tag supports the following audio formats: Advanced Audio Coding (aac); Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac); Monkey's Audio (ape); Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3); MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a); Musepack (mpc); Ogg Vorbis (ogg); OptimFROG (ofr); OptimFROG DualStream (ofs); Speex (spx); True Audio (tta); Windows Media Audio (wma) and WavPack (wv). Also available for download from the author website is the Mp3tag Audio Indexer Plugin for Google Desktop Search. Supports AAC, APE, APL, FLAC, MP3, MP4, M4A, M4B, MP+, MPC, OFR, OFS, OGG, SPX, TTA and WV.
- NEW: option 'Export duplicate covers' at action 'Export cover to file'.
- NEW: option 'General > Use natural sorting'.
- FIX: case conversion on _FILENAME left blank field (introduced in v2.39n).
- FIX: crash when right-clicking on empty file view column headers.
- FIX: displayed data of previously selected file in Tag Panel when clicking on another file while editing in the file view.
- FIX: displayed file size in status bar was wrong after undoing remove file operations.
- FIX: undo remove file left modified and other technical fields blank.
This is BETA software!, please use caution when installing it on your system.