Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata (ID3, Vorbis Comments and APE) of common audio formats. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more. The program supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkeys Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Toms Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
mp3Tag 2.89a changelog:
- FIX: navigating via Tab from and to Tag Panel did not work as intended (since v2.88c).
- CHG: improved writing performance for Ogg Vorbis and FLAC files. (#42307)
- FIX: runtime error on some systems when file creation and modification dates were malformed (since v2.88f).
- FIX: runtime error when executing user-defined tools with files with UNC paths (since v2.88f). (#42250)
- FIX: performance regression when running export on large libraries on network shares (since v2.88f). (#42250)
- FIX: relative paths at actions 'Import cover from file' and 'Import text file' were not supported anymore (since v2.88f). (#42288)
- LNG: updated Hebrew and Italian language files.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware