MysticThumbs generates thumbnails of many image formats not natively supported by Windows. It plugs into Windows Explorer so you don't have to run a separate application to preview your images, see them all in the native shell and Open/Save dialog boxes in all 32 and 64 bit applications. Thumbnails generated by MysticThumbs are stored in the system thumbnail cache by Windows so once they are made they are not remade unless the file is touched in some way, such as saving changes to a photo.
Feature highlight overview:
- QuickView - if you miss your Apple Mac then press the Space Bar to QuickView files.
- High DPI support for the vision impaired and extra high resolution displays.
- Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, SVG, RAW Photography images, DirectX, Targa, PowerVR game textures and all sorts of other file formats never looked so good in Explorer.
- No need for any other application to see your thumbnails and quickly preview your images.
- All suported file types are all fully configurable.
- Transparency support - opaque, transparent, checkerboard options to help clarify transparent thumbnails against window backgrounds.
- Very lean and optimised, Win32 code only. Mo bloat libraries like .NET or MFC.
- All rendering is GPU optimised where appropriate to improve performance.
- Individual image customisation via context menu.
- Embedded thumbnail or full image extraction.
- Enhanced support for Windows native supported images (JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF).
- WAV sound files displayed as a waveform.
- Customizable file type icon overlays.
- Thumbnail adornment option, shadow or flat (no frame).
- Per image adjustments via context menu.
- Force transparent thumbnails on desktop option.
- Regular updates.
- Plugin support so you can add your own formats.
- Languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukranian.
Version 4.5.0 changelog:
- fix: Some file types that require special handling were not working in all situations or users, PDF, PNG, Web, Maya, Postscript, Illustrator. These should now work for everybody.
- fix: Control Panel shutdown problems.
- fix: Potential crash on control panel exit is sounds were still playing.
- fix: Some Metro (Apps for Windows) apps, notably System and App icons would display with checkerboard or opaque when PNG was set to non-transparent mode and enabled. The heuristic that checks for these files has been improved.
- fix: Postscript files not reporting EXIF information.
- fix: QuickView was not disableable.
- opt: Allow Corel Draw embedded thumbnails to be transparent.
UPDATE: MysticThumbs 4.5.1
Changes in MysticThumbs 4.5.1:
- This build is a quick fix to address the unicode filename issues reported by some users. If you have any issues revert to the prior version and contact the developer using the control panel.
- Fix: Files with unicode filenames sometimes not read/converted with some file types, notably postscript files such as PDF, AI, PS, EPS.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware