MysticThumbs generates thumbnails of many image formats not natively supported by Windows. It plugs into Windows Explorer so you don't have to run a separate application to preview your images, see them all in the native shell and Open/Save dialog boxes in all 32 and 64 bit applications. Thumbnails generated by MysticThumbs are stored in the system thumbnail cache by Windows so once they are made they are not remade unless the file is touched in some way, such as saving changes to a photo.
Feature highlight overview:
- QuickView - if you miss your Apple Mac then press the Space Bar to QuickView files.
- High DPI support for the vision impaired and extra high resolution displays.
- Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, SVG, RAW Photography images, DirectX, Targa, PowerVR game textures and all sorts of other file formats never looked so good in Explorer.
- No need for any other application to see your thumbnails and quickly preview your images.
- All suported file types are all fully configurable.
- Transparency support - opaque, transparent, checkerboard options to help clarify transparent thumbnails against window backgrounds.
- Very lean and optimised, Win32 code only. Mo bloat libraries like .NET or MFC.
- All rendering is GPU optimised where appropriate to improve performance.
- Individual image customisation via context menu.
- Embedded thumbnail or full image extraction.
- Enhanced support for Windows native supported images (JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF).
- WAV sound files displayed as a waveform.
- Customizable file type icon overlays.
- Thumbnail adornment option, shadow or flat (no frame).
- Per image adjustments via context menu.
- Force transparent thumbnails on desktop option.
- Regular updates.
- Plugin support so you can add your own formats.
- Languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukranian.
Version 4.5.3 changelog:
- fix: PowerVR cubemap textures with an opaque background would display incorrectly.
- fix: When first enabling icon override for a file extension the default sometimes was not correctly loaded.
- fix: Corel Draw files not reporting bit depth/dimensions for their thumbnails.
- fix: Opening ZIP files could cause Explorer / surrogate DLL to lock up.
- fix: Control panel asking to disable "Always show icons, never thumbnails" did not work as expected and would keep asking on relaunch.
- opt: Improved keyboard search in control panel file type/extension/search controls to find best match by substring. For example, typing 'targa' in the file drop list will highlight TrueVision Targa.
- opt: Added context menu IObjectWithSite interface support for brevity.
- opt: Size of revert overlay icon on control panel buttons improved so they don't overlap and confuse.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware