Welcome back to the Neowin Podcast, the show where Rich Woods and João Carrasqueira talk about all the big news from the past week. Since we're on a bi-weekly schedule, we're now up to episode 14 of the show to talk about more tech news.
In the past two weeks, Microsoft has announced its October event where we expect to see new Surface devices, and it's made a mess out of the testing phase for Windows 10 19H2. Thankfully, things have cleared up a bit this week. Apple is also hosting its event next week, so naturally, we talked about our predictions for that as well. And finally, Nintendo has made 20 SNES games available on the Nintendo Switch through Nintendo Switch Online, and we quickly turn that into a discussion about how hames have changed over the years.
Before we get into the episode, here's a list of timestamps for every topic we talked about this week:
- 0:15 - Microsoft is hosting an event on October 2
- 11:34 - Apple is announcing its new iPhones next week
- 20:46 - Microsoft releases a new Slow ring build to Insiders, simplifies the Release Preview ring
- 25:46 - SNES games are finally coming to the Nintendo Switch
- 33:50 - Android 10 is now available for all Pixel devices
- 35:46 - Microsoft announces what's new in the Xbox One 1910 update
- 36:43 - Apple launches a web app for Apple Music
The SoundCloud version of this episode is embedded below, but you can also find it on YouTube, iTunes, and Google Podcasts. And if you'd rather listen via a dedicated podcast app on your phone, you can subscribe to the series by using the RSS feed below:
This will let you get new episodes automatically as they're released. Without further ado, here's the episode:
Let us know what you think of this episode in the comments, and stay tuned for the next one with more exciting news!