Microsoft released the first build of the upcoming 1804 System Update to the Xbox One Beta ring last weekend. This update aligns the Xbox One version to the next Windows 10 update, codenamed Redstone 4, and brings a lot of new features already confirmed by Microsoft.
Today, Microsoft released a new Xbox One Insider Preview build to the Beta ring, 1804.180308-1900. Users in the Beta ring should be aware, though, this new build only fixes a small number of issues, leaving a long list of known issues to be fixed in upcoming builds, while also not bringing any new features. Here is what is fixed:
- In the Plex App we have mitigated the issue in which some users are experiencing buffering.
- A new version of the Store is available to download which should resolve issues for some users not being able to launch the store.
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements.
And here is the long list of known issues that Insiders in the Beta ring should consider before installing this new build:
- When accessing the Language & location page in Settings, it may take a long time for the page to load.
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- We are aware that some Spatial Audio users will experience unexpected game volumes and are working on a fix.
- We are aware that the Mono output feature is not working as expected in latest builds. The team has identified a fix and is testing. Please turn off the feature if you are using an audio receiver with less than 7.1 audio channels.
- We have identified an issue with Dolby Atmos for Home Theater and certain AVR models that will result in random sound cut outs. If a sound cut out ever occurs you can change your audio format settings to something else and then back to reset it.
- Some users have reported that HDMI in volume is lower for TV Input and some media apps. We are actively investigating. Workaround : Start Background Music and goto the Audio Settings and set the volume slider to 50% rather than 0% and the volume issue is fixed.
- In the Now TV app some UI elements are disappearing during playback.
- The Netflix team are updating the app as it is crashing for some users. Workaround – Please check for an update for the Netflix app.
- Netflix on Monitor only works at 1080p and does not support 1440p – Netflix is aware of the issue. Workaround : If watching Netflix on a Monitor/LCD please set the display output to 1080p.
- We are investigating an issue in which some users are experiencing the console shutdown after you turn it on. Workaround – Simply turn the console back on.
- We are investigating why some users are unable to play 4k content in the Vudu app.
- The virtual keyboard disappears randomly when inputting text.Workaround – Plug in a wired or wireless keyboard
- Some users are discovering that some games are not showing in HDR – Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation and please provide the make and model of your TV and the firmware version.
Game Install Progress
- We are aware of an issue in which the Game Progress status shows over 300%. Please note that this is a different scenario to the fix in this build referenced above in fixes.
- Some users are discovering that the search function in Spotify is not working. Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
- Some users are experiencing a problem in which the Store App is failing to update. Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
- We are aware that the Schedule details is missing after you re-select your schedule from Dark or Light in Theme.
Settings – Accessory App
- Some users may experience a problem not being able to assign controller configurations in the Xbox Accessory app.
Casting from the Xbox – Apps such as YouTube
- Automatic discovery over WiFi is currently not working correctly. The YouTube app relies on this to make pairing seamless (Link with Wi-Fi). There is a known issue with uPnP and state separation that is being investigated. In the meantime, please use the second pairing method in the YouTube app. Launch the YouTube app then go to Setting à Link TV and Phone à Link with TV Code. Follow the directions on screen.
Controller sharing/ Co-pilot vibration issues
- Some users may experience a problem with a controller vibrating non-stop when using the share controller or the co-pilot feature.
If you are in the Beta ring and have not yet received this update yet, it may become available to you pretty soon, since Microsoft has announced that its rollout would begin at 6PM PDT today. Also, another build was released today, in the Alpha ring, which enables FreeSync support and Auto-Low Latency Mode along with a number of other fixes.