Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Whats new in this version:
- 1. Fix regex search replace hanging problem.
- 2. Fix folding performance issue.
- 3. Fix folding level N folds partially bug.
- 4. Add UDL (User Defined Language) versioning.
- 5. Make UDL line comment start position definition be more accurate.
- 6. Add new options for UDL number definition.
- 7. Fix applying wrong UDL bug while several UDL exist.
- 8. Fix UDL incorrect folding while Unix EOL is used.
- 9. Fix UDL stream comment hanging problem.
- 10. Fix UDL multi-part keywords recognition problem while "Ignore case" is checked.
- 11. Fix a UDL number recognition problem.
- 12. Fix crashing on XP problem in UDL.
- 13. Fix the bug that double clicking on tab with 2 views doesnt open new file.
- 14. Fix the bug that file cannot be opened via Explorer context menu when Notepad++ is run as administrator.
- 15. Fix the problem that calltip becomes garbage after switching document.
- 16. Fix the bug that empty document cannot be saved when using special encoding.
- 17. Fix the issue of document focus after canceling exit on an unsaved file.
- 18. Fix folding performance issue
- 19. Fix folding partially bug.
- 20. Fix tab display bug when buffers filename is changed or buffer is closed.
- 21. Fix the problem of wrong starting window position on the second monitor.
- 22. Remove the redundant message under win7/vista/xp while move file into recycle bin.