Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
What's new in Notepad++ 6.4.3:
- Fix a crash issue while using Function list.
- Enhance delimiter selection (Ctrl + Mouse Double Click) - add GUI settings in Preferences dialog.
- Add open session in the new instance capacity.
- Add new command line argument "-openSession" for opening a session file.
- Add multi-instance option.
- Fix regression -systemtray command line option not working properly.
- Fix begin/end selection bug after the text modification between the begin and end position.
- Add localization command line option -LlangCode where langCode is browser language code.