Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ v7.4.2 bug-fixes:
- Add SWIFT language support
- Fix replace in files regression.
- Enhance Find Replace dialog (resiable & remove search direction radio button).
- Fix a crash issue while doing a column insertion on a CJK unicode document.
- Fix repeated notification dialog for modification from outside of Notepad++.
- Fix a visual glitchy during tab drag and drop.